Let’s all prey for the Content Lord
For those considering advertising as a coffin business, do not forget that even funeral homes can innovate.
Here are a couple of signs (coming from the deck below, slide 41) shaping the future of our jobs:
- OMD launching Final Front, aka. an entertainment fair where advertisers met content producer to collaborate.
- VICE acquiring Carrot Creative: a company specialized at distributing content within new medias
- Droga5 partnering with WME (one of the biggest talent house on Earth) to create new kind of entertainment and contents
- Poptent producing a Budweiser spot during the World series (a crowdsourced platform for videasts)
- Complex Media (an advertising network dedicated to 20 something dudes) powering pepsi.com through a platform supporting emerging artists.
The future’s bright yeah, but who knows who’s gonna get the biggest slice of pie?
Content marketing is all over the streets. Here is a good example, coming from Bose.
It encapsulates the brand spirit within a simple platform: listen for yourself. What’s between you and your headphone is your personality. There’s an obvious understatement. This is simple and fresh.
This is why Bose had to investigate what makes people specific through their relation to music with smart stuff such as a blog, videos (see below), infographics or playlists.
That’s a shame that their commercial sounds that dull, it kills all the efforts content is trying to make. Yet, this is what advertising is made. Push, rather than pull. Combination are allowed.
1. Graduated prostitutes earn better money.
2. The Bielefeld Conspiracy: the city of Bielefeld in the German state of North Rhine-Westphalia does not actually exist. Thanks Olivier
3. Hergé and women and why he preferred men to run gags.
4. Stella Artois has one of the most ancient logo in the world, dating back to 14th century.
5. Most of Japan’s adoptions are of childless adult males who are adopted to become the heir of a family business.
6. You know yoga, you know dogs. But did you know Doga? Thanks Alexandra
7. Football clubs have more and more regional sponsors, meaning that several brands potentially competitors can endorse them at the same time.
8. Metrics system vs. Murica.
9. Thanks Sofinco.
10. The Vocal fry phenomenon. Thanks Maria and Sarah