A smart deck on the illusions of our industry from Kristina Halvorson.
Beside all stunts and tactics, true questions remain unanswered. There’s work for thousands of people for thousands of years.
Stop wanking on real time marketing and programmatic buying.
Come solve real problems: make your CRM work, allow your website to ask for test drives simply, help people use your products rather than pushing them dumb contents.
1. Animal sounds compared in different languages. Japanese is awesome. Thanks Olivier
2. First cloned animal in history was named in tribute to Dolly Parton.
3. FWx is a new food brand ”for genY“.
4. Vitamins = VItal AMINeS (a concept invented by a guy named Funk).
5. Couple of years ago, Jean-Claude Van Damme was already shooting movies with drones, advertising it for the Los Angeles Times.
6. A print ad for the bible circa 70s starring Sonny and Cher:
7. Grado Labs is an audio manufacturer known among enthusiasts which never spend a dime in advertising. In 60 years.
8. Curiosity – What’s Inside the Cube? was an experimental video game amazingly viral. Thanks Ivan
9. Pineapples during 18th century:
If you had a pineapple under your arm in the 1700s… WELL, you were just the richest, coolest kid on the block. I am speaking literally though. People quite seriously took a pineapple to parties to show off, carrying it around for weeks until the pineapple started rot. You could even rent a pineapple for an evening.
10. Anhedonia is defined as the inability to experience pleasure from activities usually found enjoyable, e.g. exercise, hobbies, music, sexual activities or social interaction. Thanks Hugo.