1. As for everything else, Slurpee invention was a mistake. It paves the way to coolness through a joyful marketing:. Here’s an example:
2. During the 60’s, SevenUp fancied itself the uncola.
3. Clapperboards assist in the synchronizing of picture and sound.
4. A 2008 study found that women showed signs of arousal watching pretty much anything: masturbation, straight sex, girl-on-girl, guy-on-guy, bonobo chimps, everything—except pictures of naked men.
5. 100’s cigarettes are named after their 100 millimeters length.
6. The first emoticon popped up in 1648 within Robert Herrick poetry:
Tumble me down, and I will sit
Upon my ruins, (smiling yet:)
Tear me to tatters, yet I’ll be
Patient in my necessity.
Laugh at my scraps of clothes, and shun
Me, as a fear’d infection;
Yet, scare-crow-like, I’ll walk as one
Neglecting thy derision.
7. The Windsor family changed their name in 1917 for germanophobic reasons, they were previously known as the Saxe-Coburg and Gotha.
8. Penalty shoot-out was invented in 1970. Before that, knock-out matches would be decided by a replay or a coin toss.
9. Univac was the first computer to predict a presidntial win : Eisenhower.
10. An Amelymeloptical illusion: