Today I have the honor to host another article from Olivier Legris, digital planner at Aqueduct for City Football Group, the holding company of Manchester City FC, New York City FC and Melbourne City FC.
He will spend the next 30 days in Brazil to follow the World Cup.
1. Sheffield FC is the oldest football club in the world and has always rejected to become a professional club.
2. The yellow Brazilian national football team’s jersey was designed by a 19 years old designer, Aldyr Garcia Schlee, winner of a competition organised by a newspaper, Correio de Manhna.
3. During the 1998 world cup, some players of the French team used to smoke without it being an issue.
5. The Budensliga is by far the football league with the most average attendance by game.
6. The way football stats are collected is quite simple: 2 to 3 « analyst » watches the game and click on their keyboard to record the stats.
7. Prozone, the pioneer in sport analysis, was initially a massaging chair for players company.
8. By analysing 400 games, Manchester City identified that 75% of goals scored on corner are in-swinging corners, the type where the ball curves towards the goal.
9. 989 is the average of Panini packs you would need to buy to fill the World Cup album
10. The FIFA is doing some brand content: United Passion, a movie to the glory of Sepp Blater starring Tim Roth and Gerard Depardieu.