1. Scientists Turn Tequila into Diamonds.
2. Sailors used to wear earrings in order to pay for funerals if they died in foreign countries.
3. Hurricanes with a female name are often more deadly than their male counter-storms because people don’t take them as seriously.
4. 20 years ago, Harvard Business Review described the systematic use of insight about customers as « customer intimacy », urging a move from customer understanding into the more emotionally charged world of active friendships between brand and buyer.
5. The 1994 Germany soccer team teamed up with The Village People to produce their supporter’s anthem:
6. Falconers are hired during Roland-Garros to chase pigeons. Thanks Arthur
7. Having no friends has the same effect on life expectancy as smoking 15 cigarettes every day.
8. The tree mile limit for international waters was created as this was the maximum distance a cannon ball could travel from the shore.
9. Why Airplanes Still Have Ashtrays in the Bathrooms? Because last time a dude smoked in secret during a flight, he didn’t know where to throw away the butt. 123 died. Thanks Thomas
10. Delete tourists from your travel photos: