1. The history behind the historical French Connection car chase.
2. Finance and the jelly bean problem: most of those financial strategies that claim to beat the market don’t.
3. People used to be terrified of tomatoes. In the 1700s, eating tomatoes caused many deaths, but it was actually the high lead content in their pewter plates that killed them. The tomatoes just soaked up more of it because of their acidity.
4. The Tjipetir mystery: rubber-like blocks washing up on beaches.
5. Smartphones are causing domestic accidents to rise (because of the lack of attention from parent towards kids).
6. Five years ago, people averaged about 21 passwords. Now that number is 81.
7. One of the most popular Christmas toys in 1975 was a rock in a box. Pet Rock earned $2 million.
8. Night vision goggles are green because the human eye can see more shades of green than any other color.
9. French singer Alister is Schnok’s editor in chief.
10. Why Europeans Don’t Refrigerate Eggs But Americans Do.