1. Why a Dollar is Called a “Buck” : during the 18th century, a buck skin was a common medium of exchange…
2. Being protopian.
3. In 2013, China accounted for 33% of smartphones. WW.
4. Coregasm: an exercise-induced orgasm.
5. Since the beginning of the phenomenon, Grumpy cat earned 80M$.
6. 28 Internet acronyms every parent should know.
7. In the 1920’s, Ford produced so much factory wood waste that they manufactured it into charcoal and sold it under the name Ford Charcoal. The company was later renamed to Kingsford Charcoal.
8. To maintain morale, WWI wartime censors blocked reports of the 1918 Influenza epidemic in their countries. However, papers were free to report the epidemic’s effects in neutral Spain, creating a false impression of Spain as especially hard hit—thus the pandemic’s nickname, the Spanish flu.
9. Two brothers joked on wikipedia by giving an animal a fake nickname. Aardvark ended up being picked up by news sources and becoming a real name.
10. Appropriationism (an art movement).