1. A series of Do You Know? cards were added to cigarette packs in the 1800s to push brand advertisement.
2. Spam messages promoting pornography are 280 times as effective in getting recipients to click on them as messages advertising pharmacy drugs, which are the next most effective type of spam (5.6% CTR vs. 0.02%).
3. Snoozing is useless, try sleeping 15 minutes more instead.
4. Half of Viking Warriors Were Female.
5. The way we smell involves a quantum physics effect (a controversial theory).
6. The number of folds on chef’s hat historically depended on the number of ways he knew how to cook eggs.
7. Microsoft Paid The NFL $400 Million to Use Its Tablets, But Announcers Are Calling Them iPads.
8. The hashtag is Also Called An Octothorpe.
9. The Mercedes G-class was developed as a military vehicle from a suggestion by the Shah of Iran.
10. Gouda accounts for over half of the world’s cheese consumption.